Sunday, May 4, 2008

No Time!

Do you ever have days that just seem like they are packed full of so many things? And you feel like you day is never-ending? Or too short to fit in everything that needs to be done? I've felt this way for about a month or so. It's crazy. With gymnastics, school, church, and everything else in my life, things are just getting hard. Gymnastics has always been a huge part of my life. I would go to school for the first half of the day, and then for the other half i'd been in the gym. It's been this way for a long time, ever since I started competiting in gymnastics, which was about 8 years ago. So it's been awhile. But I've gotten used to it, it's just become a normal habit. School, then gym. That's how it's always been. But lately things seem to be getting harder for me. It's hard for me to fit everything in my life that I want to. Before it's been easy, there wasn't much to choose from. But as I get older, it just seems like the possibilities are getting endless. I'm having to pick and choose what things are more important to me, and what things I could live without. Take Honors English for example. At the beginning of the year it wasn't too hard. I mean yeah, the reading was really hard for me, but it seems like I had the time to really focus on what I was reading without stressing over getting other things done also. And even though I didn't use it very wisely, it just seems like I had more than enough time to read and really understand the book. But lately, i'm falling behind so bad, it's getting hard for me to catch up. Like these blogs, I think I'm missing about three...not including this one. :( . I have actually thought about dropping this class so many times, but then I just think of what a waste the first three terms would of been. I can't give up now, that would be really dumb of me. Might as well, stick it out til the end as best I can. I don't know why it's getting so hard for me, but it's not helping me at all. I think that my gymnastics is a huge part of why I don't have enough time. It's not to hard to figure, i'm in the gym almost every single day. But just like honors english, i've put so much time into that quitting now would just be a huge waste. I should of known when I got so serious in gymnastics that I would be dedicating so much time into it. But still, like I said, it's been this way for a while. So why is it coming back to haunt me now? Not only is it with Honors English, but it's also with school too. I was gone to California last weekend, and I ended up missing about 3 days of school. Thursday, Friday, and Monday. And after checking with most of my teachers, it didn't seem like I was going to miss that much, or at least it wouldn't be too hard to make up. But when I got back I was in for a treat. For the most part, my teachers were right. I had only missed a quiz, and some notes, and just some stuff that I could easily make up within a night. That wasn't the hard part. Fitting that in with the rest of the new homework that was given to me that day was kind of a challenge. For those next two days I was back, I don't think I've had so much homework in my life. And trying to get it done within so little time is hard. I even spent a whole day of doing just homework to get it done. I didn't quite finish it all, and to tell you the truth i'm still finishing a couple things up tonight. Crazy. But it's not like I could have asked my teachers for extra time or something because that wouldn't be fair. But let me tell ya, sometimes I sure wish I could. Life is just crazy right now. My friends and I have come up with a theory that time is being shortened as we get older. Doesn't it seem like it? I think so. Well, I'll tell you about that later. Maybe in one of the three other blogs I still have to make up. I am such a procrastinator. :(.

No comments: