Sunday, January 13, 2008

Reading

Just to let you know before you read this, all I do is ramble on about reading. It's not too exciting and it probably doesn't make sense. But if you would really like to read it; go for it.

Ok, so everyone's always been asked the question of "Do you like to read?" Well, normally I answer yes because I like reading good book that interests me and let's me enjoy doing it. While other times I say no, because I'm not the type of person who likes to read whatever is thrown at me. Like old classic books, unless I'm forced to read through the whole thing, I normally don't get through the first hundred pages. Except there are a couple exceptions to that. I always put off reading. I know I shouldn't, but I do. It's kind of like a procrastination problem I have. I guess it'll have to be added to the list of my new year's resolutions. But I really do always put off reading til the last minute. Like AR points for instance. I only have eight. And that's only because of having to read Dandelion Wine before midterm for this class. But don't worry I actually just finished New Moon a couple days ago, so I can go take a test on that. (It's way good by the way). So, with taking the AR test on that book, I should come really close to getting thirty points. But even with that, I still have to finish "The Chosen" book by this week i think... that should be a challenge. I'm not too far into that book I have to admit. But don't worry I'll find time. I hope, that's what I always say. I think that's one of the reasons why I don't finish all the reading I should until the last minute, because I don't have enough time. Here's my daily schedule, you ready: wake up, get all ready for school, go to school, go straight to gym, go straight home, eat dinner, do my homework, go to bed. That's pretty much my week day schedule,except for thursdays. I don't have gym thursdays. Ü. So since I usually don't start my homework til about 8:00 or 8:30 everynight, and then I don't finish until about 9:30 or ten, depending on how distracted I get, I guess I would say I'm too tired to read. So there's one excuse. Just kidding. That's not much of an excuse, I should be able to find time to get my school work done. Another reason I guess I don't get my reading done is because during those 25 minutes the school actually gives us to read in the morning, I don't read. I'm usually talking or finishing up my assignment for 1st period. Brinkerhoff doesn't care, and it gives me less to do at home, but it doesn't help me get my reading done like it should. I should try to do better at that. Well, speaking of all this reading I don't have done, I think I'm going to go try to get at least a little bit of it done. Sorry for all the rambling. I didn't really know what to talk about so, sorry!

1 comment:

Brownie Lover said...

Brittney, I love you to death!