Monday, January 21, 2008

So much for new years resolutions...

I really wonder why I even set new year's resolutions sometimes. I really do. Because I am the worst at fulfilling them. Seriousally I really am. Like one of my main one's was -- Don't procrastinate, get stuff done early so you don't have to worry about it. Well this blog is one of many examples of how i have already broken that resolution. And it's only been a month! Actually, less than a month. Crazy. Let me just share with you some of my mini life stories... haha.

Well, first off let's just start with this blog. You see this blog, it was supposed to be due Sunday at 11:59 P.M. And if you look at the date of this blog, it says Monday. Not sunday. Monday. I'm really bad at getting things on time. Normaly I'm ok with schoolwork and stuff, I only mess up once in a while and forget my assignment or something. But with stuff that's kind of more my choice, or stuff that doesn't have consequences for being late, I'm normally one to take my time. And truely I sorta hate myself for it. So the reason this blog is late is because of my procrastination problem. You see, I do gymnastics as most of you all know, and I compete. Well, this past weekend I had a competition down in St. George. So after school on Friday, we left for that long road trip. It actually wasn't bad. Only about 4 1/2 to 5 hours, but still with my siblings in the car, it seemed like an eternity. We stayed with some friends down there for 2 nights, but for the last night we stayed in a hotel with all of my cousins that live in Reno, NV. We hadn't seen them in about 2 years, so they decided to come watch my meet in St. George. Well, anyway long story short. I forgot to do this blog before I left because I usually do it on sunday after church, but because I was in St. George i didn't have internet access so I couldn't get on and do it. So I could say that was my excuse, but really I could of done it earlier and I wouldn't of had that problem at all.

My other example is reading. If you read my last blog, it told you all about how i don't really like to read so much unless I'm really into a book. I also told you how I'm not quite done with The Chosen, one of the choices we had to read for honors english. To tell, you the truth, I'm still not quite done with it. I was totally planning on reading it on the way up and back from my trip, which would be about 10 hours, which was more than enough time to finish it. I'll let you guess. Do you think I opened it once? Actually I think I did, but only cause it fell out of my backpack and i had to put the book mark back into it's spot. But other than that. I didn't read a single word. I am so bad. I thought about it. I really did, a couple times actually. But I never read it. And it think it's cause we figured out how to set up the wii in our car, which therefore means we could play guitar hero. And if you were given the choice between guitar hero and reading, what would you choose? Haha. I know I don't have to think twice. Well, it's a good thing we don't have school tomorrow, i'm gonna be reading all day. Joy. But it's my fault, and I gotta deal with it. So, oh well.

So I mess up on school assignments sometimes, and reading doesn't always get done as quick as possible. Those are normally the usually things I put off. But one of the bigger things I avoid more often is cleaning. I really don't like doing my chores. I just don't enjoy it. Sometimes I'll get in these moods where I'll be like I should clean my room, and I go start this huge project. That doesn't always last too long. I normally just get myself into a bigger mess by pulling every out to "clean" it. Cause once I do that then everything is everywhere in my room, which is just an even bigger mess. I just hate myself so much for doing those types of things. So when my mom asks me to clean my room or something on a saturday, I usually put it off. For a long time. My sister and I share a room, and she likes to get it all over with. So she normally starts cleaning and pretty much does it all. But don't worry I step in now and then to do somethings. This really sounds bad. But sadly, it's kind of true. Not all the time does this happen, but enough for me to say "most of the time". The only time I really like to clean things up is when I know somebody is going to be looking at my room, or if I can't go somewhere unless it's done. Then I normally do a pretty good job. I also like to clean things up when i'm not at my house. I always feel bad when I make a mess somewhere else, so normally I clean up extra good for those places. Or what I think is "extra" good. I don't know about other people. So pretty much I just like to put off my cleaning cause I don't really like to do it. Plain and simple isn't it?

So here's just a couple of my many examples of how I procrastinate. I could probably tell you much more right now, but I'm going to save those for other days when I don't know what to write about on my posts. Ü. Oh, and if it's ok, I kind of made sure this was about 1,000 words so that I could make up last weeks post and get credit for this one. I'm really hoping that will work out because if not, I just wrote a really, really long post for nothing. Anyway. There's my mini life stories for ya. Sorry that my blog late, along with everything else.

1 comment:

Panda Girl said...

Yeah... I procrastinate too! Ha ha.
I love your blog!
(But is there anyway you could make the font a bit bigger? It's kinda hard for me to read:( )