Monday, February 25, 2008

Are you busy?

I was hanging out with my friend this past week, and while I was waiting for my ride to get there we were reading the newspaper. Sounds kinda funny, I know. But we weren't reading all of it, just this part about horoscopes. Well, I can't quite remember what my friends said, but we laughed about it cause it totally didn't make sense at all. Then we read mine. It said "Your trying to do too many things at once, slow down and balance your life." Then we really started laughing because that is the total truth with me. I do a lot. I go to school, I do gymnastics, I do church things, I take honors english, I'm trying to do honors society, and the list goes on. Oh, and I try to add a social life in there sometimes. It might not seem like a lot but it really is, well at least I think so. My day starts out at about 6:30-45 depending on the day. I get ready for school, getting all the stuff for the entire day into my little backpack. I leave for school at about 7:50. When school gets over at about 3:00, I go straight to gymnastics. I then work out for about 4 hours. When I'm done with gym I finally get to go home. By the time I actually get home it's about 8:00- just enough time to do finish up the day. (Unless it's tuesday nights, than I still have young womens to attend). I usually eat dinner right when I get home, then it's off to do my homework. I do get distracted though, there is a couple of TV shows that catch my attention sometimes. When I'm finished with my homework, it's normally between 10:00 and 10:30. By that time, I'm so tired that I jump in the shower and head right to bed. Depending on if I read or not. (Which I haven't been doing much latetly... :S). Then the cycle repeats itself, day after day after day. Except on sundays because I don't have gym that day, and saturdays I go earlier so there kind of on different schedules. But for the most part that's my main routine I do every week. People always ask me if I get sick of gym because I do it so much. I sometimes do, but not really because I don't know what I'd do without gym in my life. I've being doing it since I was about 4 so it's kind of been a lifelong thing for me. It would be really different if I wasn't doing it, I probably would get bored with myself. So with that kind of schedule I try my best to get things done, but I do mess up a lot. I try to get straight A's and be a good student and everything, but I really does take a lot of effort, especially just to find the time for it. I like to procrastinate a lot, putting things off thinking i'll do them later when I have time. Not a good habit to get into. That's part of the reason why this blog is late. But that's not the whole reason. I was really planning on doing it yesterday, but my internet freaked out on me just after I had finished my discussion boards questions. I know if I would of done it earlier that wouldn't of happened. But I told you, I'm a procrastinator. Ü. So anyway, I kind of have a busy life. And that's part of the reason why I don't get things done on time. If I'm really not into something, like a book for instance, it's hard for me to get myself through it. Hence, that's why a lot of the time I'm reading on the last day possible. I'm telling you, I have a real problem with procrastination. I really need to work on that. I think my main point of this blog was to warn you that you shouldn't get to caught up in life and try to do too many things at once. It leads to procrastination. Haha, just joking. My real advice is to get the important things done first. It always works out better that way. Ü

No comments: