Monday, February 25, 2008

Olympian

As i'm sure you all know by now, I'm really into gymnastics. Because of that, I like to compete myself, but I also like to watch others compete. Like all those really good people on TV, and the college teams - they're fun to watch. Well, anway. This past weekend I go to go down to the University of Utah with a couple of my teammates to watch a gymnastics meet. If you didn't know, The U of U is one of the best college gymnastics teams in the nation. I think they're ranked number 2 in the nation right now. That's how amazing they are. Well, at the meet my teammates and I were all naming the tricks and skills that we could do and telling each other how much we wish they could be as perfect as they do them. I mean, they seriously make everything look so easy. It's crazy. Anyway, we were just having a fun time hanging out watching the sport we all love. The scores were kind of close, but the U of U won the meet. As most of us had predicted, because there ranked number 2. Makes sense huh? Well, at the end of the meet when the stadium was pretty close to being empty, instead of heading out to beat the traffic, we decided to head in and get autographs. Yeah, may seem like we're kind of obsessed, but hey, they were really good. I didn't have anything to be autographed so instead I just got a couple pictures. Well, Ashley Postell, probably the best gymnast on the U of U team, let me take a picture with her and this other amazing gymnast. It's now on my phone, and I think it's gonna be worth something someday. Haha. I really think it will because Ashley Postell as I said is amazing and is pretty much close to being perfect. Well, I asked her if she was ever going to be in the Olympics, in a compliment kind of way just to imply how well she did that night. But she took me seriously and told me that she was really thinking about it. She had planned on trying out earlier, but ended up getting hurt or something, so she couldn't make the cuts for the 2004 games. But from what she told us, I really think she's going to go for it again this year. And if you knew what I was talking about when I say she is amazing, I really mean it. I don't doubt that if she does try out that she won't make it. I'd bet you she would make the team. So anyway, how cool is that? I have a picture on my phone with a future Olympian. I'm thinking that picture is going to be worth something someday. Haha. I don't really know, but I do have a picture with her. And I think that's pretty cool.

2 comments:

Panda Girl said...

Whoa! That's awesome!!!

Shanda Lier said...

Sweet! Or as Mr. Carter would say...SHWEET!