Sunday, February 3, 2008

Coincidences

Do you ever have those days where everything just seems to be happening right in a row, or at the same time, or you either have a really good or really bad day? Do you think of those as coincidences? Or do you really think that everything happens for a reason? Well, let me just tell you about my weekend and then we'll start talking about coiencidences (I don't think I'm spelling that right :S).

Well, first of all this all started on Thursday right after school. I had a gymnastics meet on friday in Boise, Idaho so I wouldn't be attending school on that day. So on thurdsay I had to go take a test that I would of been taking in math that day. Well, come to find out that the test had some problems on it that I was totally confused on and I needed my other study notes to help me out. I didn't have them with me so I just had to go from memory, let's just hope for the best. Ü. That part wasn't so bad, just something I forget... no biggie. Well, after taking the test I called my dad and found out that he was stuck in Ogden and wouldn't be able to pick me up for another 45 min. or so. I didn't know what to do with myself, what was I going to do at the school when no one's there for 45 minutes? Well, as I was walking down the hall to go to my locker, just cause I didn't know where else to go, I called my aunt and she said she could come get me. So that made me kind of happy. She shortened my wait to only about 10 minutes instead of 45. As soon as I hung up the phone with my aunt I had received a text message. It was from my teammate that would be competing with me the next day. I was kind of happy she texted me so that I would have something to do for a minute. Well, when I opened the text, I wasn't too happy anymore. It said "I just got in a car accident." That wasn't good at all. Her and her mom had just picked up my other teammate from their house and they were all on their way to Boise for the meet. Well, they hadn't gotten past the Farr West exit when someone ran right into the side of their rental car. It scared me really bad, I couldn't wait long for her texts, I was worried cause at that point I hadn't really known what had happened. It turned out that everyone was ok, just some bumps and bruises. My two teammates had it the worst though. One had a huge bump on her head, and the other had done something to her back. They were both in lots of pain and had to be taken to the hospital to be checked out. So when I got home, I told my parents and they were calling around to see what was going on and if they were still going and everything. During all this my coach that had left at about 12:30, called at about 5:30 telling us that we shouldn't go because the weather was so bad. He had been driving for 5 hours and had only made it to Pocatello. A lot of the roads were closed, and there really wasn't a way for us to get to Boise until they were opened again. Well, long story short (I only have 5 min. til this is due :s). I'll just tell you my chain of coincidences...
Forgot study notes. No ride. Car crash. Hospital. Bad weather. Teammates had no way to get there anymore. Crammed Car. Friends mom had to fly to see to Boise. Got stuck in Pocatello. Got Lost. Locked Keys in car. One of my teammates sisters got robbed at gunpoint. And on and on and on. And to top it all off, at our actual meet. Our first event, bars, every single one of us on the team fell. It didn't work out so well. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that do you think that coincidences just happen just cause, or do they happen for a reason? Just wondering...

3 comments:

Shanda Lier said...

I'm so sorry all that happened to you! It's so weird that it all happened at once.

Panda Girl said...

Oh wow... that sounds way horrible! I hope they are all okay ;)

Brownie Lover said...

Ahh! I'm sorry! Sounds like a pretty frustrating day!