Sunday, November 18, 2007

Don't know what you've got til it's gone...

Since Tuesday of this past week, my dad has been in Arizona. He went there with his brother and dad I think, to visit their cousin that lives down there. Well, while he was down there I never really realized how much he did around home. Ok, yeah I know he does a lot, but it didn't really occur to me exactly how much that was. My family doesn't really go on vacations much, and when we do it's all together. I mean occasionally my mom will go on trips for one or two days, but normally I'll see her in the morning and then she's there the next morning. So it's not too big of a deal really. But it's when there gone for a while that I really start to realize how much I depend on them. Like, for instance, this past weekend. Normally my dad takes me to school in the morning, but my dad was gone so my mom did. Normally my mom works late so my dad picks me up from gym at night, but since he was gone, we got a ride or my mom got off work early. Normally my dad makes dinner, but since he was gone my mom did. And nothing against her, but I got to say my dad does seem to have that cooking touch a little more than my mom. Ü. Haha, but I think that's only because she comes home later than my dad everyday, so I'm just used to his cooking. Anyway, back to the subject. This whole weekend was just out of proportion I guess you could say. It was just kind of wierd to see my mom do everything, including all of what my dad normally does plus her own. You could tell that it would be hard for our family without either of them. They both just really do a lot for my family. I don't know what I would do without them! So just take a minute to realize how much your family really does for you, cause when there gone, your definetly going to notice how much they really do.

No comments: