Sunday, November 4, 2007

Yellowstone

This last weekend, over UEA, my family and I caught up with some of our old friends and we went to yellowstone together. It's really fun to be around your friends and family on vacation. I had a great time. We left on Friday night at about 8 o'clock, and got there at about midnight. We stayed in a place called Island Park, which is full of lodges. We rented one that was called the "Old Faithful Lodge". It was really nice. On Saturday morning, we went to a museum that had all this stuff about Grizzly bears and wolves. On the outside of the museum they had a place that actually had live bears and wolves to look at, they were really entertaining. One of the bears we watched was itching its back on a tree, and ended up making the entire tree fall over. It was really funny. After we watched the bears for a while, we ended up going to see an IMAX movie about yellowstone. The family we were with, the Reeder's, were way fun to be with. We originally supposed to go on vacation with the Williamses but ended up changing at the last minute because the Williamses' dog couldn't be left alone, and because of some other reasons too. Anyway, back to what we did. After we went to the IMAX movie, we went back to the cabin and just hung out. A lot of the time when we just hung out at the cabin I ended up doing a lot of my home work. I did a TON of math, and I read a lot about Dantes's adventure in the Count of Monte Cristo. The Next couple of days we spent up there we just toured the park. It was really cool to see all the natural beauty and animals that were all around up there. I also really liked watching the geysers go off, especially Old Faithful. That was really cool to see. One of my friends that I was with was really funny. She has a really funny personality, and a funny laugh to go along with it. She was always making jokes, and if we ever heard a bang and then a laugh. We knew it was hers. She was always tripping on something. I think she tripped about 4 times just when we were at Old Faithful. She is definitely a klutz. Another time we were stopped on the road in a huge line, because some buffalo just decided that they were going to cross right in the middle of the road. So instead of moaning and groaning about the long wait they were causing, our car decided to make it fun. We took tons of pictures and made some jokes and just had a great time. It was really fun. One of the things that made me laugh that time, was when someone made a joke about how out of all the buffalo in the road you could definitely point out one that just seemed a little odd. Behind all the buffalos' big bodies, you could just see this one that seemed like it was dancing. It was really funny to watch. Another cool thing about Yellowstone was all the waterfalls and rivers it has within the park. There all really pretty. One of the days we went and fed the ducks at this bridge, but ended up feeding more of the muscrats than the actually ducks. I'm sure the 3 or 4 muscrats' stomachs were more than enough full of bread. There were a lot of people there, and they all were entertained just watching and feeding the muscrat. It was kind of weird to see so many people watch such a small animal for so long. Some of the parents could hardly get there children's attention, they had to drag them out of there to leave. I had a really fun time at Yellowstone, from learning how to play a lot of new games with my friends, to watching some huge buffalo cross a road, it was all really fun. I'm not sure if it entertained me enough to go back there for another family trip, maybe when I'm older and have my own kids. But for the most part, it was fun to be around my friends.

No comments: