Sunday, November 25, 2007

Don't Know What I'd Do Without 'Em!

Well, I didn't know what to write about until I saw my mom's drivers license laying on her desk. So here goes nothing.

Cars and all this other transportation really does a lot for us. I don't know how I'd live without it, it's definitely something I'm really thankful for. But to tell you the truth, I've never really realized how much I take it for granted until now. I mean, think about it. Ever since you were a little baby you've been driving in cars. It's like a natural thing. Most kids aren't afraid of getting into a vehicle to drive somewhere like they sometimes are to get on a roller coaster or something like that. It's pretty much a routine most of us have done everyday for our entire lives. Getting in a car to drive somewhere, it's just not that big of a deal. But think if cars, or trains, or any form of transportation were gone? Then what? I mean sure we've all been taught to walk when we were young, that's natural too. But is it natural for us to walk to school when normally riding a bus, or walking to dance class that's normally fifteen minutes away in a car? Is it the same to take a vacation to Disneyland or wherever when having to walk there instead of flying or driving? Think how long that would take? I know that I'm for sure grateful for all the technology and stuff smart people come up with, because without them think of how much our lives would be changed. I mean think of all the things transportation relates to, or even just cars. Without cars there would be no garages. There would be no roads or stop signs. There would be no driveways or freeways. There wouldn't be any gas stations, or better yet gas. There wouldn't be any parking lots, or car horns. There wouldn't be very many ways to the next town without walking. (I guess you could skip, but you get my point right?) I mean just think this list could go on forever. And then think about this. We said without cars there wouldn't be lot of things, well without one of those lots of things there wouldn't be lots more of things. There's just so many connections between so many things even if they are little. It just amazes me how much transportation plays a part in our lives, and that without it things would be so different. So next time your in your car just think of if it wasn't there, if it wasn't invented yet. See how much we really rely on cars to get us around to places.

Oh yeah, and another thing to think about. I'm almost fifteen, some of you guys already are, but that means we could get our permit. Our permit to drive. Isn't that kind of exciting, but scary at the same time. It is for me, Were not that far off from getting our license!

1 comment:

Shanda Lier said...

I know! I don't feel old enough to get my permit or my drivers license yet(technically I'm not 15 until June but it's close).It will feel so weird to drive around but it will be nice to have a little more freedom.