Friday, October 26, 2007

USU Gymnastics Camp

Well, I wasn't quite sure what to write about this week. So I kinda just gave up on thinking and went on with doing other stuff. While I was looking around for this cd I wanted to listen to, I found this dvd I totally forgot I had. It was a dvd I got at the summer camp I went to over the summer, it just had a video of a lot of the stuff we did there. So, yeah that's what I decided to write about this week.

Ok, so it started out during the competiting season of last year. At a couple of the meets we went to, they were advertising a gymnastics camp called Woodward. We thought it would be so cool, so we decided we were going to do it, we were gonna do a ton of fundraisers to get the money so that we could go. Well, it turns out that we didn't go to that camp. We didn't quite follow through with those fundraisers. But we did convince our parents to let us go to a camp up at Utah State. The camp was in the middle of July, and it was a ton of fun. (Oh, by the way, I'm talking about a gymnastics camp... I don't think I mentioned that yet. sorry). When we got there they got us all in the room with our parents and told us all the information we needed to know about the camp. Then they gave us our dorm room numbers and keys, and let us go. I told bye to my parents and booked it for my dorm. I was so excited. After a while, we went to dinner in the cafeteria. It wasn't to great, non of the food I had that week was. But it was definately worth it. Well, after dinner, we went and hung out with all the other gymnasts, and just kind of got settled for the night. For the next 4 days, we had to be awake at 7:30, breakfast was at eight and workout started at 9:00. We then had a lunch break at like 12:30 everyday, Than workout ended at like 5:00 or so. Well after all the gymnastics stuff, they always had a group activity every night. And a lot of the nights, me and a couple of the older girls snuck out to get Aggie Icecream. It was good :).

Well, by the end of the week, I had learned a lot from the different coaches, and I had definately made a ton of new friends. I had a great time and I hope I can make it a tradition and keep going every year. That would be great! If any of you have never been to some sort of a camp before, I suggest you go to one, it really is a blast, you'll have a great time, I know you will. Well that's all for this week. Bye!

No comments: