Sunday, October 14, 2007

Gymnastics

I might write about gym alot, just a heads up. It's all I ever do, I swear. Just kidding it's not all I do but's it's pretty dang close. I started when I was about four, and I'm almost fifteen now(well, i've got a couple months left...Ü) so that makes it almost 11 years I've been in gym. That's a long time, I've never thouht of that. Well anyway. There is ten levels in gymnastics, well kinda 11, but I won't get into that. You start to compete when you are in level four. I don't know why it's that number, but it is. So I guess when you start as a beginner your in level one. Anyway. I skipped level four when i was little and just went straight to level five. I was about seven when I was put in that class, and then I just moved up levels ever since then. So I was eight in level six, nine in level seven, ten in level eight, and eleven in level 9. I stayed level nine for three years, so I was eleven, twelve, and thirteen when I competed that level. Right now I'm fourteen and in level ten.
So about gymnastics. There is ten levels, I already told you that, but you only compete levels 4-10. Most people when there in level 10 are about 17 or 18. They are normally this age because after level 10, you will most likely go to college. But I'm only 14, so I've got a few years left to go. Levels 4-6 are called compulsory. This means that there are set routines you have to compete. Everybody in that level does the exact same routine (believe me, those meets got annoying). Levels 7 and up are called optionals. This means that you have certain requirements you have to follow, but are allowed to personalize your routines. For instance, you can have your own floor routine, that is totally different from anyone elses, not like the compulsory levels.
I compete all four events. The vault, bars, beam, and floor. These are just the woman's events. The men's events consists of six events: vault, high bar, rings, pommel horse, floor, and the parallel bars. I only do the woman's events. My competiting season starts in January, and ends in about April. The rest of the year I'm training for the next years season. I workout 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. Thats 20 hours a week, if you didnt want to do the math. So that's why I don't have enough time to be a cheerleader like a lot of you ask me to. I told you I don't have time didn't I?... That's also the reason I don't hang out a lot with my friends, I try to as much as I can, but it's never really on weekdays because I go to gym, right after school until about 7.
So that's a little bit about gymnastics. I'll probably tell you a lot more later, I'm sure. It'll probably be the topic I talk most about when I can't think of anything to write. So yeah. Oh, for all of you who always ask me what my hardest trick is. I'll try to put a video up and show you, I don't know if it will work, but I'll try.

No comments: